So we ended our productive year ended with a memorable family trip to my childhood holiday location called Coral Bay that’s located along the Ningaloo Reef in remote Western Australia. It’s been almost 20 years since I was here last and apart from a few new facilities the place is pretty much the same. The services and facilities there are excellent. Here are a few things you might find handy to know that’s hard to find out online.
1. Coral Bay has a first rate medical center that’s like an emergency room with highly trained nursing staff that can do pretty much everything. They are open weekdays and on call 24/7. (found this out the hard way as my girlfriend needed stitches in her foot on the second day there).
2. You can get Optus service out there in the township (both phone and 3G). Best coverage is obviously Telstra. Some web sources only say Telstra.
3. The drinking water there is pretty average so you will probably want to buy water.
4. Fuel and Alcohol there is not extortionate in price maybe 10% higher than Perth. My brother is from Darwin and both where cheaper than there.
5. Best place to have a quite beer is “Bills” it only opened in 2014.
6. The Ningaloo Reef Resort sounds like it would be an amazing place. Let’s say keep an open mind…
All my Coral Bay Photos can be seen in the main online gallery.